December 18, 2014

Garden Bloggers' Bloom Day - December Flowers in Algarve, Portugal

I am truly happy to share with you today the December flowers of Algarve, Portugal. Winter here is the season I would call Spring to my standards. 17-19C/65F in the day, 7C/45F at night. That's what I am used to when the Spring is warm in my country (Poland). Yep. Warm. Sometimes its colder in the Summer :( Climate is a great unjustice... 


Algarve looks so different than in the Summer. The gardens are still graced with the flowers, usually red/beige soiled hills are covered now with carpets of green tiny plants that are dormant in the heat of the summer and the sun is blessing all creatures living in this mundane domain… Algarve - the narrow south facing stripe of soil at the coast of Atlantic Ocean, separated from the rest of Portugal by mountains.



The flowers on the photos are only flowers blooming in the garden of my host’s house, you have seen here. There is so many more flowers around that I am not including in this post. Would you like to see them too, in separate posts?


I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.


I wonder, since readers of my blog come from all over the world, which of the shown plants are familiar and also grow in your garden?


Garden Bloggers' Bloom Day is organised by Carol from May Dreams Garden. If you would like to see more blooms from around the world hop over.













Recommended further reading The Flower Recipe Book.

6 comments:

Bushman said...

Beautiful pictures. It is winter here and the only colors outside are those of twinkling Christmas lights.
Many of those flowers are easily grown in my climate as well.
Thanks for warm colors!

Ewa said...

Hello Busham, thanks :) plants and flowers make the most appeal on the photos :) true blessing...

Lea said...

Wonderful to see such beauty!
Happy Garden Bloggers' Bloom Day!
Lea

Heather Ross said...

It is winter here, in the midwestern USA. Everything is grey and brown. Snow will probably cover all soon.
As in the pictures, we grow roses, lavender, and poppies. Only ours grow in the summer and early autumn (June-October).

Ewa said...

Hello Lea! Thanks! To you as well :)

Ewa said...

Hey Heather! The beauty is that they bloom here entire year :)

KEEP READING - MORE GREAT STUFF IN OLDER POSTS