May 21, 2010

Red Victorian House

Shortly after landing in Birmingham on my way to bloggers meeting at Malvern Gardening Show, I had arrived to the red victorian house turned to the small hotel and run by friendly family. Paaaafect (I had lots of English pronunciation lessons) choice, because it is located close to university and only 2 train stations away (from Selly Oak to Five Ways) from Birmingham Botanical Gardens, which I wanted to visit.


Small and charming reception ...

... stained glass windows at the entrance...   

... sweet door lock at the bathroom - no idea victorian or contemporary :) ...

 ... and Kerria japonica 'Pleniflora' growing right outside the window, framed by the window in the dining room...  

 ... and sign 'attention frogs' right at the red victorian house ...  

Red victorian house is tucked in the area of very interesting plantings. Some of them beautiful ....   

 ...some of them looking odd like this huge yucca planted in the garden of the post stamp size and spotted on the way to the nearest train station (Selly Oak) and expecting more beauty at the botanical gardens ...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Ewa, the frog crossing sign is too precious! I look forward to seeing the botanical gardens. Miss you, my sweet. :-)
x x x
Frances

BernieH said...

Looks like a lovely place to stay ... adored those stained glass windows. The 'Frogs Crossing Here' sign was priceless ... obviously frogs are highly prized.

Lisa Blair said...

What a darling little house! I love the dark wood and ivory walls. So English!

Gail said...

I was thinking the same thing Ewa the sign is wonderful! ...Now where can I find it! Missing your smiles~xogail

KEEP READING - MORE GREAT STUFF IN OLDER POSTS